Tuesday, February 9, 2010

God's Goodness and Faithfulness

I woke up this morning thinking "Today is the day the Lord hath made.  Rejoice and be glad in it."  I like that thought.  Then, I began reading the Psalm. 

It is amazing how open David was in his communication with God.  I think sometimes I don't want to burden God with what I am really thinking, but I see David just tells God what is on his mind.  David pleads with God and asks God to not forget him.  He asks God to forgive him and not turn His back.  

David speaks many times to God of how good God has been and asks that He continue with His goodness.  David cries out to the reality of his situation that others want him dead and if God does not intervene.  He will die.  He often ends with praise to His Father and a longing to spend life with God learning at His feet.

I think I need to be a better communicator with God.  

.... and I think God smiles at the thought.

archie

 

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: