Tuesday, February 9, 2010

"Sing this song of encouragement with David"~priest

Psalm 30

A David Psalm

1I give you all the credit, God— you got me out of that mess, 
you didn't let my foes gloat. 

2 -3 God, my God, I yelled for help 
and you put me together. 
God, you pulled me out of the grave, 
gave me another chance at life 
when I was down-and-out. 

4 -5All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God! 
Thank him to his face! 
He gets angry once in a while, but across 
a lifetime there is only love. 
The nights of crying your eyes out 
give way to days of laughter. 

6 -7When things were going great 
I crowed, "I've got it made. 
I'm God's favorite. 
He made me king of the mountain." 
Then you looked the other way 
and I fell to pieces. 

8 -10I called out to you, God; 
I laid my case before you: 
"Can you sell me for a profit when I'm dead? 
auction me off at a cemetery yard sale? 
When I'm 'dust to dust' my songs 
and stories of you won't sell. 
So listen! and be kind! 
Help me out of this!" 

11 -12You did it: you changed wild lament 
into whirling dance; 
You ripped off my black mourning band 
and decked me with wildflowers. 
I'm about to burst with song; 
I can't keep quiet about you. 
God, my God, 
I can't thank you enough.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: