Thursday, February 11, 2010

"Jesus did not come so you could throw your life away!"~priest

Last night I had a wonderful time gathering with some local new friends and chatting about God and such.  We all shared our salvation experience.  It is amazing how each experience is unique in its' own way.  I found it interesting that a young lady shared she could not remember ever not having a personal relationship with Christ.  I find that inspiring and amazing!  It is similar to Ruth Graham's testimony. 
 
This morning I happened upon a friend at the local bagel shop.  We were chatting about God things and how we both were seeking to develop a stronger relationship with our heavenly Father.  I'm guessing the guy is probably in his thirty's, but has only been a believer for a couple years.  I find this interesting.  Most of his life, he lived life on his terms and God was not a part of it.
 
It seems to me that there are more people coming to know God personally later in life then there use to be.  My friend said He knew God was speaking to him maybe 5 years previous, but didn't think the deal for salvation could ever be struck because of how bad a person he was. 
 
Then there was another story of a young man who saw no future and had considered ending his life.  We prayed that this would not be the case.  Such a tragic ending to a young man's life, if he missed the opportunity for eternal life with the Father.
 
I wonder if God is stepping up the pace of drawing all to Him with the expectation that Jesus is coming soon?  I wonder?
Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: