Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sea gulls, sand, surf, my bride and Jesus. It was a good day!

When Cora and I were younger than we are now, we use to load up my '69 Camaro and head for the beach for the day.  We were in our late teens and dating.  That was a short almost 40 years, ago.  Even before that, my dad and I would load up a '58 Chevy and head down for fishing.  So, Port Aransas is full of wonderful memories.  

I took last week off from work to give my head and its' related migraines a break.  Last night, I thought what better way to wrap up my time off than a trip to the beach.  It is about a 3 hour drive, but the time flies when you have good company.  Cora is the best!  We made it to the ferry boat and enjoyed the short trip over the channel in beautiful sunshine.

We had shrimp three different ways at Virginia's and headed for the beach.  It was sunny, but a little cool.  We wrapped up in towels, sat in our beach chairs and enjoyed the sound of the waves.  The sea gulls kept me amused with my camera and Cora enjoyed a good book.  It was all simple and refreshing.

It a couple hours, we packed, kissed and headed back.  It was a great day.  I think we need to do this more often and likely will.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: