Tuesday, August 25, 2009

You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James

I visited my aged mother today.  I picked up new medication and took it to her.  We sat and chatted a few minutes, remembering my dad.  He passed a few years back.  My mother speaks more frequently of my father these days.  I think she is beginning to look forward to spending eternity with him.  

My mother shared with me that in my father's last few weeks, he spoke of seeing Jesus at the foot of his bed.  It was at a time when the pain was beginning to take it's toll on my dad.  It was during these days, my mother leaned over and shared an intimate moment with my dad.  She told my dad it was ok to let go.  She said she was in fact praying that Jesus would come soon for my dad.  

In those last days, my mother and father were a picture of what God's love is all about.  

Thank you mom.  Thank you dad.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: