Friday, August 21, 2009

12 Christians killed. 20 Churches burned. 1 Islamic leader dead.

LAGOS, Nigeria, Aug. 7 (Compass Direct News) – With 12 Christians, including three pastors, confirmed killed in rioting ignited by an Islamic sect opposed to Western education, the Christian community in northern Nigeria’s Borno state is still counting its losses.

It is said the Islamic people in America are peace loving.  It is said the Christian people of America are peace loving, also.  I'm willing to believe both can be peace loving, but there is a disconnect with the world's experience on Islam.  There are daily reports of Islamic sects killing Christians, but I have not seen any reports of Christians killing members of the Islamic faith.  I wonder why that is.

I have to admit I am confused.  The Islamic people I see in the US seem to be ok.  I don't see them carrying guns and shooting people or cutting them up with machetes.  Some do wear masks and I'd prefer them to assimilate a bit better, but being different is not bad.  It is just different.  

My confusion is how do the people of Islam get so confused that they think killing Christians is a good thing.  I've never heard of Christians getting confused and think killing Moslems was a good thing.  We both have books of faith, yet one finds strength in killing while another finds strength in being killed.  It is all so confusing.  

I know I am rambling just a bit, but the thought is stuck in my head.  If I am a peace loving Christian and I become fervent in my faith, growing strong and fanatical about my beliefs, I become more peace loving.   There may be some exceptions, but for the most part that's true.  Yet if I am a peace loving believer of Islam and grow fanatical about my faith, I want to kill Christians.

Have I missed something?  This isn't meant to bash Islam.  I just don't get how you become totally consumed by your faith: one person is driven to kill and another person is driven to be killed.  Both are ok with the outcome.  

Thanks for visiting http://37stories.wordpress.com with Archie and all his friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: