Friday, August 21, 2009

Angel Gets Torched! Directed or Accidental?

"SOUTH JORDAN, Utah (AP) , Workers have replaced the iconic gold statue of a trumpet-blowing angel that was scorched by lightning atop a new Mormon temple in South Jordan last month.  The statue of the angel Moroni sits on the 60,000 square-foot Oquirrh Mountain Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was hit and damaged during a June 13 rain storm." Deseret News
 
I got to tell you, this is one torched angel!  I can only imagine, construction workers for a Mormon temple live at high risk.  I wonder if insurance cancels you if they find out you are building a Mormon temple.  I mean think about it.  God is looking down and He is asking, "you are going to worship who?"  I don't think so. POW! WHAM! ZOP!
 
And the pleasant smell of ozone mixed with the smell of charbroiled.... Ah, yes.  Would have loved to be there.  Well, maybe not. 
 

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: