Sunday, August 16, 2009

What impact on you, when someone tells you of the wonderful thing God has done?

"May 28. This morning, whilst sitting in my room, the distress of several brethren and sisters was brought to my mind, and I said to myself, "O that it might please the Lord to give me means to help them!" About an hour afterwards I received sixty pounds from a brother whom up to this day I never saw, and who then lived, as he does still, a distance of several thousand miles." George Muellar

I am in the process of reading several accounts consisting of thousands of pages of text written surrounding the life of George Muellar.  It blows me away.  George believed that God desired to be actively involved in his daily life on a minute by minute basis.  When he had a need, he prayed.  God answered prayer.  It was that easy.  It didn't mean he always got what he prayed for, it just means God answered his prayers. 
 
When I read an account of how God specifically answered prayer in George's life I am encouraged.  George's life was pregnant with God Spots.  It is my heart's desire that in my sharing with you how God is working in my life, you would be encouraged also.  It is with this motive I humbly share with you what God is doing.
 
Some might read my God Spots and say it is all about Archie.  How prideful he must be.  Surely he doesn't represent my ideal,  I don't desire that any of it be about Archie.  I desire it to be all about God.  It is not what Archie does.  It is all about what God chooses to do through me.  He may choose to do nothing.  He may choose to do big things.  That is His choice.  I just desire that through my sharing the God Spots of my life, that He is glorified and you are encouraged.  Is that fair?
 
So humbly, I have accepted an opportunity to speak in Africa about a man of integrity.  Do I share this because it is all about Archie?  No I share this because I covet your prayer.  It is way outside the box, even for me.  So as the days click away rapidly for the Holy Freegan, please pray that I hear God's voice plainly and see His hand at work that I might encourage you with EPIC God Spots. 
 
Thanks for visiting http://37stories.wordpress.com with Archie and all his friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: