Sunday, August 9, 2009

If you were from the poorest country in the world, how poor would you be?

I have this opportunity to go to Burkina Faso, Africa.  Anyone ever been there?  It is one of the poorest countries of the world.  I expect to be there in 58 days for a week.  I will be with a Christian team leading a conference on "Men of Integrity".  It's interesting that Integrity crosses all social economic bounds.  It doesn't matter how much money you have.  It doesn't matter how poor you are.  Integrity still rules.
 
I really want to prepare myself for the experience in body, soul and spirit.  To this end, I've adopted a new life style.  In a nutshell, I am attempting to stay focused on God as a faith builder.  I have chosen to spend no money for 60 days.  My wife will continue her life, but I choose to spend zero dollars.  This will accomplish a number of things.  I've been wanting to lose weight.  If I buy no food, I figure I will lose weight.  I need to save money quick for the trip.  If I buy nothing at all, I will have money to save.
 
So, this is day two.  Total expenditure.  $Zero.  Banked the savings....
 
I hope one of the benefits of not having a meal guaranteed, to experience a small piece of what someone living in the poorest country of world experiences daily.  I'm also hoping by an intense focus on God, to have a heart prepared for the people of need in Africa.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: