Saturday, August 1, 2009

South Padre Island at Sunset with 37 years of Romance

Cora and I took a few days to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary and drove down to South Padre Island on the Texas Sea Coast.  It is about as far south as you can go without crossing into Mexico.  We've been here numerous times, but this time was most significant as a celebration of faithfully living our lives together.  We've been married 37 years and have been friends for 40+ years and are still young enough to enjoy each other's presence while catching sun on the beach. 
 
I intentionally took a few days off from blogging, computers, twitter, facebook and work to focus on Cora.  We have enjoyed our time together here on the beach and have replenished in body, soul and spirit.  Now it is time to pack and begin life, once again. 
 
It is said by some that the number 37 is God's fingerprint in the Bible.  I have adopted that thought in my life and the blog http://37stories.wordpress.com.  It is my hope that others will see God's fingerprint on my life and the life of my family through my postings here. 
 
Some have said it seems my blog is all about me and is self promoting.  I suppose it might seem that way and probably I miss the target at times.  But 37stories is intended to be about the stories of my life in which God has authenticated His presence.  So to judge this blog as all about me is true, but to miss the bigger point that it is all about God is sad and a bit frightening. For to miss the presence of God, is to miss the very essence of life.
 
God bless,
archie

Thanks for visiting http://37stories.wordpress.com with Archie and all his friends.

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: