Thursday, April 1, 2010

"Your smile is as credible as your life is transparent."~priest

I have to admit.  I am terrible about something.  I am terrible at hiding my emotions and thoughts.  I find hiding them to be difficult without feeling like a fraud.  I mean like, suppose someone brings a baby to you and you are marveling at the thought of new life.  You are suppose to say, "What a beautiful baby!"  But, you are thinking, "Man! That is one ugly baby!"  The best I can do is smile and hope someone else makes the comment.  Right?
 
This freaky twisted thing of feeling obligated to smile and say sweet things to someone who intentionally did you wrong in the midst of their planned calculated smile, is beyond me.  It is hypocracy at its worse.  I understand the need to forgive and I am all for it, but that does not relieve the other of their responsible to communicate truth.  The thought I am trying to communicate is this...
 
Suppose you and another person you are not real fond of are in competition for a promotion.  The promotion is a bid deal.  It will provide much additional money and benefits you have been working tirelessly for.  When the announcement is made that your collegue is getting the raise, he/she approaches you and with a very icky sweet smile says how sorry they are that you did not get the raise.  huh?  Sorry!  Smile! I don't think so!
 
From here on out, the smile you saw is edged in stone in your memory forever.  Every time you see that smile in the future, you will know what is really behind the smile and it is nothing that smells good. 
 
So.  Beware the smile.  Use your own smile frequently, but sincerely.  Don't use it to hide what you really feel.  Your real smile will be cheapened by it all. 
 
Peace

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: