Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Jesus is a Strong Foundation"~priest

I have been reading in the book of Acts recently and am amazed at the
power of God placed upon the people of the time. God had an
incredible message to be propagated throughout the world and satan
himself was not going to stop it. The message of Christ dieing for
our sins and coming back to life three days later has not changed in
over two thousands years. God has given this message to all and tells
us to care for those less fortunate than us.

As I read in Acts today, I thought about a man God is using in a
powerful way to feed and care for the poor. I had lunch with him a
few months back and made comment, I had never met a man that
continually gave God the glory like he did. It seemed with each new
thought, he was quick to give God the glory. Today, it convicts me
that I have not been as conscious to give God credit and glory when it
is due. I am thankful for God's patience with me and His forgiveness
for my negligence.

Check out this except from the powerful days in which Paul lived...

"On an appointed day, Herod dressed himself in royal clothing, sat on
the throne, and gave a speech to them. The people shouted, “The voice
of a god, and not of a man!” Immediately an angel of the Lord struck
him, because he didn’t give God the glory, and he was eaten by worms
and died.

But the word of God grew and multiplied. Barnabas and Saul returned to
Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled their service, also taking with
them John whose surname was Mark."~Acts

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: