Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I pray I will not fail to walk with Jesus.... Amen

I am a simple person. I love God the best I know how and He loves me
much better. Religion is quick to water down the concept of "fear" of
God to merely a Holy reverence. I am sure this reference is part of
the quality of God, but I am equally sure to fear God is much more
robust in meaning. Imagine if you will a God capable of creating and
destroying everything ever built. Imagine.... if that God ever got
hacked off at your and my obedience. Just imagine... Imagine fear of
that God....

Now remember what that eternally all powerful entity referred to as
God chose to do for you and I on the cross with His son. He allowed
His son to die an unspeakably horrible death such that we might have
eternal life. Imagine the love required for God to allow the killing
of His Son to happen.... Just imagine....

I think that is a bit more of the fear of God we are to have. We are
to reverence and appreciate what God could do with our disobedience
and revel in the love He chooses to give in stead of the punishment.
The reality of fear for what God could do, authenticates the love He
chooses to give.

Today I choose to walk in fear of a loving God. I will enjoy His
grace, but not forget He is the creator. It is to be in the middle of
His will and purpose that I choose to walk today. I pray I will not
fail to walk with Jesus.... Amen

"They were multiplied, walking in the fear of the Lord and in the
comfort of the Holy Spirit."~Paul

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: