Monday, April 12, 2010

"I am not a perfect person, but a perfected person in Christ."~priest

It seems to me, man's knowledge continues to detract from a very simple truth.  I wonder how it is that increased knowledge confuses rather than bring clarify?  Knowledge of good and evil pressed up against the backdrop of the "fountain of youth" seems to be the most confusing of all.

When I was six years old, I knew enough to judge an action of mine as either good or bad.  At six, it was that easy.  It was in this confident knowledge, I understood that Jesus died on the cross for everyone.  We had but to choose Jesus, ask forgiveness, turn from the bad we did and we would drink from not just a "fountain of youth" , but a "fountain of eternal life".  At six, I understood enough to receive God's gift through His Son.  Pretty incredible right?

Fifty years later, I am still blown away that the faith of a six year old was enough to secure my salvation for eternity.  I have sinned much from six to fifty six years, but my salvation has stayed in tack.  Jesus died once for it all. 

I trust that today I will be the person, Jesus desires to spend eternity with.  Not a perfect person, but a perfected person in Christ.

God bless you my friend!  Enjoy the day and all that God gives you.

Archie

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: