Friday, April 30, 2010

"It is easy to forget there are others who are willing to die for their faith."~priest

Brothers & Sisters,
Let us join together in prayer for the special needs outlined in this email. This request has been verified by the International Mission Board, SBC.
Bro jim

URGENT PRAYER
IMB
April 29, 2010
LAST FRONTIER. “I just received a phone call warning me that three branches of the local ‘eyes’ know what I am doing. They know about the recent activities. They want me to know that they know. I was warned to be careful and tread lightly. I am on my knees, I am desperate to receive a Word from the Lord. I don’t know what to do. 

Of course, this is coming at a time when things seemed finally to be opening up and we received our first believer from a village a week and a half ago. There has already been a meeting to share Bible studies. We have a very special day planned, with our many women tentmakers each inviting five non-believers to a ‘Friend Day’ full of games, songs, stories, crafts and Good News. I am afraid I will have to cancel the meeting. 

The invitations have already gone out to some of the most remote areas. None of these women have a phone, and we have to travel long distances to hand-deliver the messages. The women are so excited about this day, and some have already reported back that they have their five people picked out. But if we go ahead, it could cause more problems. We were planning to do a big ‘sharing push,’ but we could make it just a fun day of fellowship or we could cancel it all together. I plan tomorrow to rise early and go spend a day with my Father. 

Please join me wherever you are. My heart is heavy.”

---
International Mission Board
3806 Monument Avenue
Richmond, VA 23230

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: