Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Prepare for battle. Then, run at it with God of the Angel Armies at your side!


David said, "I've been a shepherd, tending sheep for my father. Whenever a lion or bear came and took a lamb from the flock, I'd go after it, knock it down, and rescue the lamb. If it turned on me, I'd grab it by the throat, wring its neck, and kill it... "

A giant nearly ten feet tall stepped out from the Philistine line into the open, Goliath from Gath. As the Philistine paced back and forth, his shield bearer in front of him, he noticed David. He took one look down on him and sneered—a mere youngster, apple-cheeked and peach-fuzzed.

You come at me with sword and spear and battle-ax. I come at you in the name of God-of-the-Angel-Armies,

David took off from the front line, running toward the Philistine. David reached into his pocket for a stone, slung it, and hit the Philistine hard in the forehead, embedding the stone deeply. The Philistine crashed, facedown in the dirt. Read this amazing story from Samuel

It is said, David had 5 stones.  1 for Goliath and 4 for Goliath's brothers.  David was prepared.

See more God Spots at http://37stories.wordpress.com

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: