Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My Ten Choices


I've been thinking about the "Ten Commandments".  I can't even remember them all.  I figure that's ok because I'm a pretty good person anyway.  So if I can't remember them, I thought maybe I'd create my own version that I can remember.  I think I'll call them "My Ten Choices".  The title seems to be a bit more appropriate and sensitive to the times.  My Ten Choices will be:
 
  1. "You shall have no other gods before Me..." except those things that increases the quality of life such as: cars, money, fine food or whatever.

  2. "Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above..."  except maybe a cross, fish or something that everyone can relate to.

  3. "Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD..." except when I smash my thumb or if someone cuts me off in traffic.

  4. "Remember [zachor] the Sabbath day and keep it holy" except for the times there is work to do for the common good or possibly eating at Luby's

  5. "Honor your father and your mother..." except when I can obviously see they are wrong and I deserve better.

  6. "Do not murder" unless I am being threatened or the other guy is bad.

  7. "Do not commit adultery." except when I know I won't get caught and my mate is unfaithful anyway.

  8. "Do not steal." unless I am really hungry or want something my employer has. I'm not paid enough anyway. 

  9. "Do not bear false witness against your neighbor" except in times of gossip, then anything goes and he deserves it.

  10. "Do not covet your neighbor's wife" This is covered under #7 so there are really on "My Nine Choices" to keep in mind.

I feel better about myself now.  I think the world will feel better, also.  Maybe instead of "My Ten Choices" it could be "My Ten Exceptions".  What do you think?

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: