Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Destined for a street corner...


"If God clipped an angels wings, would he drive a Toyota truck?" So my wife says that's not funny and she doesn't get it (i love you honey).  I think it is halarious.  It makes me wonder what humor is?  What makes us laugh?
 
I think it is funny for lots of reasons.  1st I think it funny because it seems humorous to consider God clipping an angel's wings.  It is something that is likely impossible to do and yet God might do it because He can.  2nd I think it funny because it seems humorous thinking about an angel trying to try a truck.  The Toyota has nothing to do with anything other than the angel is use to flying but can't now, so wants the best truck he can buy.  Now that is even funny.  Do angels have money and what about a drivers license?  Will the angel sin if he drives without a driver license?  It is all so funny.  It is "ROLL OVER LAUGHING" funny.
 
This brings me back to "Destined for a street corner..."  If nobody finds humor in this, but street people tend to stand on street corner grinning, talking to themselves and laughing.  Am I destined for a street corner?

Read more "God Spots" at http://37stories.wordpress.com

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: