Sunday, April 12, 2009

All things considered...


...or at least I've considered as much as I know and as much as has been contributed via comments.
 
Hundreds of people from many walks of life, many races, many belief systems have read this series of posts on a simple question, "Is drinking wine a sin?"  I've never had more comments posted on any other topic.  I wonder why people are so passionate about the consumption of alcohol? I don't know.  But I have drawn a conclusion from the many hours I have thought about the issue.
 
First, I want to say thank you to the couple of clergy that stepped up to the plate with a desire to share truth.  Mostly, clergy keep their head down because we sheep tend to bite. Although funny, it's not a joke.  Sigh...
 
But the journey has brought me to this place in my walk with Christ.  I have concluded the issue of drinking wine is but an easy topic which drove me to deeper truth.  The deeper truth was an even simpler question.  "What is sin?"  If you don't know what sin is, how can you determine if drinking wine is sinful?
 
My conclusive thought defining sin is this Archism (see note): Sin is anything that hinders God's ability to perfect His will and purpose in your life.  This statement is meant to be all encompassing with no exceptions.  Now the ball has been launched and is on it way by a Hail Mary pass to the end zone.  Will it be intercepted or will it score?  The crowd goes wild....
 
Note: my terminology for something I claim original because I'm to simple minded to know who already said it.
 
Surf to: http://37stories.wordpress.com to follow the dialog.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: