Monday, December 13, 2010

Which train are you about to catch?

Seen through the eyes of another, having spent way too much time in the hospital...

Have you ever eaten applesauce with a fork?  When you have been in a hospital for as long as I, you begin to appreciate the little amusements of life.  Such as, eating applesause with a fork.  Oh, I have a spoon.  But if I eat with a spoon, the meal will be done and then what will I do?  I'm not getting drugged silly as often now, so I have a lot of time to kill.  Interesting word to use in a hospital, right?  But, I've been thinking about death.

No.  I'm not thinking about killing myself, although sometimes I think it might be an easy way out.  I'm thinking about all the good I've done and hoping the big guy noticed.  You remember when I yelled at him because of this health thing going on?  I had been doing all the right things and he whacked me anyway!  

Well, I'm trying to be more understanding of him and wondering if I've done enough good to offset the bad I've done.  I'd hate it if when I find myself standing or laying at the pearly gates (depending if I'm out of the hospital yet) and the big guy looks at me and says, "Which train are you about to catch?"  I mean if he doesn't know, I could be in trouble.

It got me thinking.  How can anyone know for sure which train to catch?  I suppose it depends on what ticket you buy.  

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: