Thursday, December 16, 2010

"I am not a demon chaser, but that does not make them any less real."~archie

I was pondering with a friend today about the existence of demons or not.  I don't spend much time thinking about it, but almost daily I pray protection around my family. I know my mother and father prayed protection over their children for a lifetime.  It is a matter of safety and I think God honors my prayer even if I am unsure of the workings of the evil one. 

I believe there have been times in my life when I allowed evil ones to get their claws in me.  I seem to have the scars to prove it.  I believe they were unable to possess me as I am a child of the king.  Being a child of the King does not prevent evil ones from raising hell in and about your life, they just can't have victory in the chaos unless you let them.

I know everyone has a different slant on this evil versus good thing, but I believe what I believe as much out of experience as revelation.  Evil and its manifestations are bad, even when they look good.  God always wins over evil, because He is the creator.  The truth of victory over evil is as simple as a creation or lessor being can not by definition have victory over or rule its creator.  It is pretty simple. 

As a word of advice... if you see your life going to hell in a hand basket, it is likely your fault.  That is rude, right?  But it is true.  If your life is a snowball rolling down the mountainside gaining momentum and size, it is likely you started the ball rolling and evil ones are having a ball keeping it rolling.  You might even prefer to have the company of the evil ones because then at least you are not alone.  Am i right?

One of two outcomes are inevitable.  You are either going to crash and burn or you will turn to the Father.  It is your choice.  Most prefer the crash and burn and then claim ignorance in the carnage of destruction.  You get to say... if i had only known... But you do know.  You know that Jesus is the only way, you just choose to take what seems the only reasonable way, which is your way.

So I have a word for you or rather i have The Word for you.  From the depths of the hell you are living... get a new testament copy of The Message and start reading from page one.  Only take a break to do the things you must do to exist, then begin reading again.  It will take you less than 30 days to read the inspired Word of God in the Message version.  

Somewhere in the midst of the read, you will experience life changes.. they will be small at first much like the snow ball of evil rolling down the hill once was.  Keep reading.  When you finish the book the first time, pick it up and again and start all over.  Read page one and go to page two.  You don't even have to understand.  Just read and ask God to reveal whatever He wants.  Don't you pick.  Let God pick.  He's smarter than you, remember.

So you say, "I could never do that." and I say, "I am sorry.  It is unlikely you will ever experience the God I know."  It is that simple.  Read or die.  It seems like a simple choice to me.  What will your choice be? Do you prefer being the evil ones playground.  Maybe so or maybe you will read. Maybe you will find a love for the Word. Maybe your new snowball rolling down the hill becoming larger everyday will be righteous and you will discover Jesus abiding in you.

I don't know.  It is your choice.  It is your snowball... It is your fault.

God loves you and so do i.  Read...

archie

 

 

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: