Thursday, December 30, 2010

I am encouraged. A case of Bibles!

I am encouraged.  I am encouraged by many things.  I am especially encouraged by Jesus and when the actions of others reflect a love for Jesus.  Yesterday, a friend gave me a case of Bibles.  I am encouraged. 

I wonder what I will do with a case of Bibles.  I was in jail once.  I asked for a Bible. The jailer said they didn’t have a Bible.  I could send the case of Bibles to the jail for the next person. 

A Facebook friend suggested I start a bathroom reader movement.  Funny to use the word bathroom and movement in the same sentence with a thought about Bibles.  The idea would be to place a Bible on the back of the toilet for people to pick up and read as they take care of business.  I like that idea.

I've thought of creating labels to stick on the Bible.  It might say, "The Gideons were not here, but steal the Bible anyway."

Periodically, God will place someone in my path that needs a Bible and I will give it to them.  The last time that happened, I gave my own Bible to a new friend I met at Starbucks.  I have not seen him since, but I pray for him daily.

I am goal oriented.  Maybe I should not be.  Maybe I should just go with the flow and see where each Bible lands according to God’s will and purpose.  I like that.  I don’t have to worry about failing to meet goals or expectations of myself. 

I will just obediently let each Bible land where God sets up circumstance for another to receive.  I hope, God willing, to post God Spots surrounding the Bibles as they find homes…

God bless you and yours!

archie

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: