Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Untitled

It is a couple days before Christmas.  It is time to slow down and appreciate as best we can the sacrifice God the Father made when He allowed His Son to die on the cross for you and I.  Three days later He beat death and came back to life.  Likely in the previous three days, He experienced pure hell and is proof enough it is God's love and grace we desire.

Today, as I pulled up in front of my house there was a beat up car pulling out of my drive area.  It was worn out many years prior and for a moment I was a bit miffed at him hanging in front of my house.  I walked on down the drive to see what was going on and was met by an old man who was severely handicapped.  He talked poorly.  He could scarcely walk without stumbling and his hands shook badly.  I figured him a drunk.

We got to talking and he gave thanks that God had spared his life.  He had been in a tractor-trailer rig accident that left him paralyzed as a quadriplegic.  In God's grace, he had recovered enough to pull weeds and mow grass to buy food.  He had stopped at my house to ask if he could do yard work.   Needless to say, he didn't leave empty handed and we were blessed to cross paths.

As we chatted about the love God shared with us, he quickly invited me to his church.  I am always a bit amused and blessed when someone beats me to extending an invitation for anything.  I am especially blessed when someone who appears to have much less than I, is quicker to wanting to give it away.

I committed to pray for Arredondo when God brings him to my mind.  It truly is a blessed season and a Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all my friends who follow my posts.  I love you all and wish you the richest of blessings for you and yours.  

archie

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: