Monday, June 14, 2010

Truly Choco is a Man's Best Friend

Sometimes it is easier than other times to know you are exactly in the
center of God's will. It is one of those times today.

I met a friend who has been in a wheelchair for over 50 years. His
wife passed in the recent past and he needed a little help. I had
time and volunteered to be his personal assistant. I said I would be
his legs. It is to my honor to serve in such a fashion.

My friend is in the hospital getting some care and was anxious about
his dog, Choco. His pet is being boarded elsewhere. Choco is a brown
labrador retriever and truly is my friend's best friend. His love is
obvious and strong. I stopped by Choco's boarding house and took him
out for a walk. He was constantly looking about. I am confident he
was looking for his best friend.

I took this picture and loaded it for my friend to view from his
hospital bed. He was quite pleased to see Choco and could have easily
cried for his friend's company. I was honored to be a part of such an
expression of love between a man and his best friend.

And so a new adventure begins in my life as the legs for my friend.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: