Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"The guy is probably gay and I am in a hurry."~priest

Some find it awkward to tell others about their faith walk with Jesus.
I understand. I have been like that for years. Something I
discovered recently is that maybe I was trying to talk to the wrong
people. Maybe I was trying to talk to the people that I wanted to
talk with, not the ones God wanted to use me to converse with. Maybe
I was talking to those without "ears".

I went to Walmart recently. Sitting on a park bench in front was a
guy wearing a tan, cutoffs, t-shirt and a great smile. As I walked
by, he looked up and smiled at me. I thought, "probably gay and kept
walking". The funny thing is he was probably dressed exactly as I
would be, had I been sitting on a park bench. Then, you could have
thought the same thing about me. Pretty shallow of me, right? But
that is not the point...

This guy's smile was an open invitation to communicate and the bench
was wide enough for both of us. I wish I had stopped and asked him,
"Why the smile?" Chatting about God may have followed. I will never
know.

I did my business in Walmart. Walked out and past the same guy, still
smiling and then I began thinking. God, is this the guy for me to
talk to? It became an issue of obedience for me and I turned around to
go back. He was gone.

Maybe next time, I won't be quite so dense.... another missed opportunity.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: