Thursday, June 3, 2010

"We no longer need to have a "go between" when giving a shout-out to God."~priest

I am foster care for a Jack Russell. Spot's kennel is outside on the
covered patio. It is a wire cage, he likes to sleep in as it
communicates safety to him. Last night we had a incredibly violent
thunderstorm... He ran inside his cage, but looked a bit frazzled
because it didn't provide much comfort.... I covered his cage and he
was ok with that....

The picture in my mind of Spot standing inside his cage, shivering
with fear as the wind was blowing, lightening striking and thunder
doing its thing is worthy of note. It makes me wonder what cage do I
voluntarily run to when the storms of life engage me? Why is it there
is an illusion of safety when we give up our freedom?

Surrendering our freedom takes on many forms. Nationally, our freedom
continues to be eroded and is traded for supposed safety and security.
In religion, we also surrender our freedom by placing people in
authority over us and between us and God.

When God allowed His Son to die on the cross for you and I, a free and
open channel of communication was created. We no longer need to have
a "go between" when giving a shout-out to God. Christ hears us and
interprets our thoughts. He passes them on to God the Father with a
smile.

As for the cage, it is my hope to abide in Christ and He in me. I
have no desire to live life in a cage so readily prepared by others.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: