Saturday, May 29, 2010

"I'm inclined to think the evil ones set traps, but I'm not sure how."~priest

My bride and I drove a couple hours today to visit friends.  Our car is wonderful, but a bit old and traveled.  When we get somewhere without trouble we are grateful.  It is typical for us to pray for traveling grace before we leave on a trip and believe God protects us in our travels.  Today was no different, except for the return trip....

As I was driving out of their community to return home, I had this impression or thought to go back and look at a house in the community.  I struggled for a moment.  Is this God or just a thought.  When I understood I would be disobedient if I did not turn around and go to the house, I reset the GPS for this odd particular house and went back.  I thought to myself, nothing may be obvious when I get there, but I know I will have been obedient and that was enough.

We got to the house in question.  Noticed it was vacant and left the community, obedient to the impression of God's direction.  

Just a few miles down the road, there was an accident in the turning lane of where we would have been, had I not turned around.  I thanked God for His protection and then began wondering if the evil one had set a trap for me and God has provided a way out.  All I had to do was be obedient.  

I don't know for sure if I would have been in an accident if I did not turn around, but I consider it possible.  I believe God honored our request for traveling safety at the very economical price of obedience...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: