Sunday, May 2, 2010

"The fork I choose leads to a road less traveled. Won't you travel that road with me?"~archi

I am at a fork in the road.  Shall I go right?  Shall I go left?  There is a choice to be made.  What choice will you make?

I ponder how many times before I have come to a "fork in the road" while living life.... 

I look at others and see the conventional stable life they live.  There is a part of me that wishes I was like them.   Get up.  Go to work.  Listen to the boss.  Do stuff.  Avoid confrontation.  Pick up a pay check.  Drive home.  Kick the cat.  Kiss the wife.  Play ball with the kids.  Crash while watching sports TV with a beer in my hand.  Others seem so adept at living the American dream... but there is a problem, I am different.

Being different to the world and the American dream causes all kinds of problems.  Living in the difference, one quickly realizes how poorly one fits into the life others live.  When others speak of sports, you have no clue.  When others buy into company life and wear the corporate tattoo, you find the thought of individuality of more import.  When others find religion rewarding one day of the week, you find the fickleness of religion repulsive and desire so much more of your relationship with Christ.    

So once again, I find myself at the fork in the road.  I choose to be unemployed.  I choose to abide in Jesus.  I choose to trust in Jesus for my daily bread and provisions for my family.  There is no better place to be and yet I wonder.   I wonder what it would be like to live a life in the America dream.  I wonder if that is the fork I should take, but I know better.  

I am different.  In my difference, I will never fit in the world.  The fork I choose leads to a road less traveled.  Won't you travel that road with me?

"Come to me. Abide in me. Rest in me. Accept my yoke. My yoke is easy."~Jesus-- 

Surf to: http://www.freshc.org for a Fresh Connection...

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: