Saturday, September 19, 2009

"And then his hair began to grow back..." ~Samson

Life is tough.  Sometimes it is really tough.  Remember the time in your life when you were totally defeated?  For Samson, there was a time when he was betrayed, taken prisoner and had his eyes gouged out.  It was a depressed time in his life.  But then his hair began growing back...

"The Philistines grabbed him, gouged out his eyes, and took him down to Gaza. They shackled him in irons and put him to the work of grinding in the prison. But his hair, though cut off, began to grow again.... 

and Samson cried out to God: 

Master, God! 
Oh, please, look on me again, 
Oh, please, give strength yet once more.

God! 
With one avenging blow let me be avenged 
On the Philistines for my two eyes!

Then Samson reached out to the two central pillars that held up the building and pushed against them, one with his right arm, the other with his left. Saying, "Let me die with the Philistines," Samson pushed hard with all his might. The building crashed on the tyrants and all the people in it. He killed more people in his death than he had killed in his life." Judges

There was a time in my life not so very long ago when I was totally defeated.   I was a broken man.  And then my hair began growing back and I cried out to God.  Maybe it is time for your hair to grow back and see what God has planned for you!

Claim victory!  Be the person God designed you to be...


For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: