Friday, September 11, 2009

"Life is not what i thought it would be, it is so much more..." ~the janitor

Growing up the son of a poor preacher, made an distinct impression on me.  I promised myself I would never be poor and I would never be a preacher.  It seems with God as my guide, I have accomplished what I never dreamed I would.  I have become poor and God called me to pastor a number of years, ago.  His calling on my life was apparently different from many preachers.  God called me to pastor, but didn't say anything about preaching.  

When I distinctly heard God impress His calling on me, I obediently walked down the aisle and shared it with my pastor of a rather large church.  I was serving as deacon at the time.  He said, "if I had heard God call me to be a pastor I should go to seminary".  I instantly said, "God didn't call me to seminary.  God called me to pastor."   So in my obedience I do the best I can following my dad as a poor pastor... although not a preacher.  

Truly, "Life is not what i thought it would be, it is so much more". ~the janitor

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: