Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Noah did everything just as God commanded him.

"Noah was a righteous man, blameless among the people of his time, and he walked with God." Genesis

And you know the rest of the story... Noah builds a boat big enough to hold a pair of all the animals and food to feed them for a few months.  Noah built this ark at a time when the world around him did not know what rain was.  He accomplished this seemingly ridiculous task, wasting an equivalent of millions of dollars and likely the locals said should have been used to feed the homeless.  Likely, Noah was the joke of the town.  And then it started raining...

This story should be a common story for each of our lives.  We should walk with God and be found blameless among the people of our time.  In our walk, we should hear God and be willing to step way outside the box.  It is in these steps that we will seem ridiculous to some and wasteful to others.  We will not fit into the normal lifestream.  It is a walk of faith.  Have you ever walked down the narrow path of faith?

The faith walk is a path less traveled.  It can be lonely and the only encouragement may be from God himself.  As for me, my walk of faith is encouraged by God in heaven and my wife here on earth.  Following me is not an easy thing for Cora.  Her walk of faith may even be more challenging than mine, because she trusts that I am hearing correctly from God and is willing to follow me regardless.  I hope your mate is as supportive.

Something I have discovered in walking by faith is that God is ever present.  That doesn't mean there is not significant pain along the way.  It just means that God is there to help bare the burden.  He does not bale out when I have contracted to build the boat and my friends begin laughing.  God is there handing me the best hammer for the job.  He is smiling and nodding His head in approval at the end of the day.  He sees me totally exhausted and is happy to see one more plank has been firmly attached.  He is God.

I think it highly unlikely you can live a life of obedience without building your ark.  I believe there is a boat inside each of us waiting to be built.  Pray God reveals His "out of box" experience designed for you and get on board.  Only then will you have opportunity to experience His abundance.

God bless,
~the janitor

For more GodSpots - 37stories Enjoy!

No comments: