Saturday, February 21, 2009

I've lost my way at times...


When Daniel was thrown in the lion's den, did he lose his way? IF he
had lost his way, would he have been a snack pack for the lion's club?
 
When Moses was being chased by the whole Egyptian army, did he lose
his way? IF he had lost his way, would be have been yelling "surf's
up" as the Red Sea came crashing down?
 
When Esther was asked to go before the King unannounced, did she lose
her way? IF she had, would her head have ended up on a platter for
Ripley's believe it or not?
 
It seems to me, each of us have opportunity for calamity. Life seems
like a maze many times. We have the best of intentions to follow
God's lead, but the maze is paramount. Do I go left or right?
 
If I go left, will I suffer instant and total disaster? If I go
right, is the choice any better. I think God understands that with
physical eyes we can see very little. If may seem like catastrophy
regardless of the direction we go. What should we do?
 
We as believers have a responsibility to seek after the truth and
respond accordingly. First thing, check the Word. Is either of your
choices in conflict with the truth found in the Word? As an example:
You are really hacked at your spouse and you are contemplating murder.
 No. The Word says don't do that. Discernment is easy.
 
Sometimes, the Word is seemingly silent about my choices. It's in
these times that I pray hard, read His Word and listen to what the
Holy Spirit might reveal. If still I don't hear, sometimes I will
pray what seems like the bad choice. It seems I can discern God's NO
better than His YES. Have you experienced that?
 
It's also in these times of silence, that I practice patience. I give
God plenty of time for revelation. If I am forced to make a decision,
I choose as best as I can. Then, I go forward with gusto. I trust
God is smiling and covers my backside with His grace.
 
He sees my heart and makes my inadequacies insignificant in comparison
to His power available through faith and obedience. He closes the
lions mouth, parts the Red Sea and charms the King.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: