Saturday, April 30, 2011

I am not trying to convert anyone to 'my' viewpoint...

Lordnangel

Guest post: Jim Taylor

It frightens some people to even think of questioning their beliefs. I am not sure why. I know in myself, though I question the things I believe I don't question Him! I have come to know Him as Love. I have come to see His character as kind, extremely patient, willing to give everything for me! He has never gotten angry with me when I walked away or denied Him. He has never cast me off when I made wrong choices - even when I knew I was making wrong choices. He has not gotten discouraged with me or given up on me in the many many times He could have.

So when I question beliefs, I am not questioning Him.

I do not know the answers to the eternal questions about the afterlife. Those who are assured that they understand it all do not bother me. I am not trying to convert anyone to 'my' viewpoint, for I am not sure I have one at this point, other than God's character is such that - in the end - no action of His will ever be judged by anyone as being wrong. 

I do know that Papa God is good .. All the Time! I know He is kind and loving .. much more so than earthly dads. And I know that He is right. I choose to bow my knees and willingly say that Jesus is my Lord. I trust my life to Him. Literally. I have no problem putting everything I have in His hands and going any place any time He wants. I have no problem selling all that I own and following Him. My life is His. I don't have to know or understand in order to live in Him. All I have to do is quit trusting in everything but Him ... let go and live in Him. 

I don't question Him. I choose to live in Him.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: