Sunday, February 20, 2011

Living by Faith is an Adventurous Life

February 20 at 8:22am Report
Hi Archie?

Last night I was scouting the web for a church to attend here this morning, one in particular stuck out for no particular reason, so I and brother Seth agreed we would attend. Later I went downtown to busk for our immediate needs and two officers, Matt and Billy, walking their beat approached me. Officer Matt tossed two bits in my case and asked to hear a song, I liked him immensely and immediately. After the song we got to talking about what I was doing in town and gangs and stuff, then Matt said he had some friends who helped people like me with food and shelter and showers. He said he would call them and be back after his next round to tell me if they had room or not. 

As I was waiting Seth returned and soon after a kind lady handed me a twenty while I was singing Psalm 134. Right after that Matt and Billy came back, sorry, no room, but food and showers definitely, and Matt handed me the address and number of the joint. I didn't look at it as I stuck it in my wallet to call the # later. 

Later last night Seth and I decided to go check out the church we'd felt drawn to.  The name had been changed from the web info, but it was the SAME place officer Matt directed us to, a homeless ministry not advertised anywhere!

Like I always say, can't make this stuff up! 

God bless you Archie!

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: