Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What if i Claim Healing over Someone and They die....

i asked Jesus into my heart at the age of 6 while riding in a '59 VW down a gravel mountain road in the Sierra Nevadas. Thank you mom for sharing Christ's love with me. 

Today, i should be mature in my faith, but i feel so much like an infant when it comes to someone asking for me to pray for healing. I believe Jesus abides and where He abides there should not be sickness. But in the back of my mind i wonder, what if i tell the person they are healed and they die.....

I received some great thought from friends on Facebook....

"Stan Pollmann II What if someone is dying and you pray for them and they LIVE!!! ??? Because you stepped out in faith and obeyed the Word of God... It is always best to step out in faith and obey His calling than to have pride inside... because you might be embarrassed... food for thought"

"Sandy Campbell Stacey Thank you, Archie for sharing a sweet memory of your Mom and an important day as well as being vulnerable to share your fears. 

I agree with Stan and will share an experience I had. I work at a doctor's office. One day I was in the office with a patient and felt I was supposed to ask him if he was a believer. I was new to discerning the urging and voice of the Holy Spirit, and shrunk back at first speaking in my head to the Lord a small apology and told Him "I am not sure if it's You or me". 

Well, the patient, not knowing anything, said " I have had this song going around inside me all day." I said, "Really? What is it?" He said, "Jesus is my Healer!" I laughed and confessed! He said, "Maybe I was supposed to come here so you could lay hands on me." Spiritual like the book of Acts. I did and prayed the prayer of faith...thanking Jesus for what He did at the cross and Galatians 3:13. 

He has not been back since. I believe he is healed. Not everyone will receive their healing but Jesus gave it and bore all sickness in His body. Be Bold and Courageous. Only believe. James 5 The prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well...if they are willing to believe and receive they will have it done for them. Mark 9:23; 11:22-24."

No comments: