Sunday, December 2, 2012

Raising People from the Dead is not a Spectator Sport or is it...

I love Jesus and have been reading about His life and His expectations on my life.  i believe Jesus abides in me and i in Him.  In His abiding i have expectations that i believe are His expectations.  Sadly... it seems my emulation of Him is lacking.  I want others to see Jesus when they see me, yet mostly others only see me.  I have a friend who shared this amazing story.... 

"Just last week I was at a table with a bunch of friends and we had a good laugh at my "devotion". They had never heard of someone who believed they could do that (raise another back to life). I thought it was NORMAL and thought people were weird who didn't believe we could do it through Christ. 

Once a mom wanted her 7 year old child to be raised. We circled the building ( mortuary) where she was and prayed walking around it for 6 times. On the 7th, we stood and shouted, " Sarah come forth!" I asked them, " what if they ALL come out!!!??? After a minute the door opened and a man stuck his head out and asked, " may I help you?" 

I said, " not unless you were dead." lol!!!!"

Thousands of times... Jesus healed matter of factly... He had no desire for fanfare.  He healed out of love.  Other times, miracles were asked of Him and He rejected their requests.  Could it be our impotence is tied to our need for self acclaim?  

As to the testimony of living life in the reality of Jesus shared above... i think the opportunity would have been great fun!

No comments: