Friday, October 12, 2012

Starbucks Gold Card Feeds Homeless...

What-would-you-pay
I misconnected with a friend for breakfast and found myself at a Starbucks near work.  I dropped in, reloaded my coveted Starbuck's Gold Card and bought myself a cup of coffee.

Shortly, a bearded balding homeless man sat down at the table across from me.  My senses sharpened and i wondered how i might be able to help the gentleman.  He opened a plastic sack and pulled out a couple water markers and a scrap piece of white cardboard.  Promptly, he went to work drawing.  In a matter of minutes, he had drawn a flower scene and held it up for me to see.

I said, "Nice!"  He said something i could not understand.  His speech was badly impeded.  He then held up 4 fingers and said it again.  This time i understood.  He was offering his drawing for $4.  I sadly said i didn't have any money.  He kindly replied with a smile, "$4". 

I thought to myself and voiced it to God, i want to help but i don't have any money.  He reminded me of my coveted Starbucks Gold Card freshly recharged.  i reminded God, i was attached to my card and had bought a lot of coffee to achieve Gold status.  Then, i got it!  God was once again allowing me to participate in a carefully crafted God Spot of His choosing.

I walked over to the table. Picked up his picture and offered my Gold Card for His picture.  He looked at it and accepted it in trade.  i sat down and began some computer work.  He got up and walked to the counter, grunting while pointing to the kind of scone He preferred.  Then, purchased it and walked back to his table and began working on a new picture of flowers.

I can't describe the absolutely impossibly wonderful feeling and closeness to God i experienced in those few moments.... as i left, i parted with the words... "God is good."  Much to my surprise and without even looking up or missing a stroke of color on his cardboard... grunted... "All the time."

No comments: