Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sometimes a "non-event" can change your life. Be Blessed!

Today, I woke up with the thought that today was a "non-event" day.  I shared the thought with my wife as i prepared to go to a meeting planned that would likely impact my life in a significant way.  The meeting never happened and a "non-event" was created.

How often are you disappointed in life because an expected event does not happen? Supposing you are expecting to close the business deal of a life time or maybe you are expecting to meet someone who may prove out to be a life partner and the event never happens.  The "non-event" creates opportunity for great disappointment, right? But should it really?

Disappointment is natural because all we see is the past and today's "non-event".  The future is elusive and we so want to change the future in our favor.  If the "non-event" took form and created the planned event, the future imagined would be blessed and bright.  Yet today is a "non-event".  What shall i do?  What shall you do?

I've developed a bit of a different realism to life.  I look at the Biblical concept that all things work together for the good of those that love the Lord.  I bank on that principle.  I then also imagine that the evil ones that lurk about are not very bright, but great at following patterns and getting in the middle of the normal flow of life.  So it works like this in my imagination....

I drive to work the same way every day.  The evil ones make note of that.  Some day, they will craft an event on my way to work that will destroy me in some way.  Possibly, a fatal auto accident or whatever can create hell in my life.  God sees the plans of the evil one and much to my surprise, I have a flat tire in my driveway.  My schedule changes and the planned event by the evil one becomes a "non-event" and God's promises are fulfilled.  Pretty cool, right?

The trick in living life to the fullest is to recognize the "non-events" or the "events" that create the "non-events" as a blessing even when it does not seem like it.  When the tire is flat... don't cuss it.  Praise it for the "non-event" created and the evil one kicked in the teeth, one more time...  It may be, the flat tire has prevented certain catastrophe in your life.

In all things give thanks... and even give thanks for the things that never happen.

-- 
God Spots: http://37stories.wordpress.com

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: