Friday, January 7, 2011

How can you not be radically enthused? Jesus abides!

There was a man called Jesus many years, ago. He lived on God's
creation we call earth. In the process of life, He experienced all
there was to offer and chose to not sin in the midst of sin. This man
called Jesus was God in the flesh. He had a message and task that was
best performed in a body that breathed, hurt and found pleasure just
like you and I.

He chose 12 men and exposed them to His love and plan for mankind. He
gave them wisdom, understanding and knowledge in bite size pieces all
with the expectation of equipping them to also share God's love with
the world. Filled with love, they accepted the challenge and went
into the world preaching the Kingdom and healing the sick.

I desire my love for God to deepen daily. I desire to be one of His
chosen 12. It seems as if I am gaining wisdom, knowledge and
understanding, yet I neither preach the kingdom or heal the sick.

I worry about others who find themselves in the same place as I. They
desire a closer relationship with the Father and have His will
perfected in their lives, but they also neither preach the Kingdom or
heal the sick.

I have to ask the question. Why?

Was the task Jesus assigned to His twelve only for them? I don't
think so. I am unable to accept the idea of status quo being God's
intention for man. I believe He still chooses for His disciples to
preach the Kingdom and heal the sick. I pray for God's empowerment on
you and I as we live God's life to the fullest.

"Then He called His twelve disciples together, and gave them power and
authority over all devils and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach
the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. Jesus said to them, Take
nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, nor bread, nor
money; neither take two coats.

Whatever house ye enter, abide and depart from there. Whoever will not
receive you, when ye leave that city, shake off the very dust from
your feet as a testimony against them. They departed and went through
the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere."

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: