Thursday, November 8, 2012

Texas Bankers are a Different Breed

Texas_banker

Today I met Sam Amos, a true Texan.  It was an honor and pleasure to meet another story teller.  Sam grew up poor and worked his way up to being a Texas banker.  He is quick to identify himself as Christian and suspected i was.  I deferred from the name Christian to the identity of Believer, knowing that does not adequately identify me as crazy for Jesus.

Sam Amos quickly gave me a run down of his career and the milestones that best define who he is.  He believes in honesty, integrity and Jesus.  It seems leaving any one of these beliefs out doesn't do justice to the life one is gifted.  He was quick to reveal he lived one step away from being fired many times.  I could identify with being fired as it seems without life on the edge, one is defined by the shackles "status quo".  

Now if you follow me on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/37stories you will know earlier today, i posted multiple threads on favorite firing phrases... now i find my self chatting with a banker about careers ups and down.  Some people find it difficult to believe God orchestrates our steps if we let Him.  i find it a matter of fact.  thx Sam Amos for being a God Spot.

No comments: