Sunday, October 24, 2010

Prayers of Faith and Piloting Wide Loads

I was visiting with my mom this afternoon. We were chatting about times God has chosen to intervene in such a way as we knew beyond doubt God had stepped in. One such time was while growing up in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California. My dad was on medical rehabilitation leave and preached at a small mission.

Living in Gold Run was under the most meager of means. There may have been gold there at one time, but I can guarantee it “ran” sometime prior to us getting there. One perfectly normal day, there was no food in the house and no money to buy it. We had an out-of-town guest living with us. So my folks wondered a bit how she would deal with a lack of necessities.

As was my mom and dad's norm, they bowed to pray and asked God to provide a “wide load” piloting job to make the money required for food. Back then, the mountain pass was only a two lane road and state law required a vehicle with flags go in front of the wide load to warn on-coming traffic. As was also the norm in answer to my dad's prayer, the telephone rang and a trucker needed my dad to pilot him over the pass. Our guest was quite surprised at God's direct intervention in our lives.

Today, things have not changed much. My family still has needs. We still depend on God. He continues to provide. It is not so surprising anymore, but is just as every bit encouraging.

-- 

God Spots: http://37stories.wordpress.com

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: