Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mysteries of the Faith

My disclaimer: Test these thoughts against what you know in the Word.

I have a need. That is not so unusual, because it is likely everyone
has a need. Needs come with life. I was praying about my need to the
Father and wrestling with Him over the issue of serving a God of just
enough or serving a God of abundance. For many years there has been a
conflict with what I believed balanced against what I experienced. I
believed in abundance. I received just enough.

I have many times in the past stated that I serve a God of abundance.
I refuse to serve a God of just enough. I believe that the evil ones
have figured me out and step in between my receiving from a God of
plenty by providing just enough. I still believe that is the case for
me, many times.. I am impatient and when I see just enough offered, I
accept and thank God for just enough when it was not from God at all.
Does that make sense?

Tonight in prayer I once again shared with God that I refused to serve
a God of just enough. I reminded Him of His ownership in everything
as He is the creator. I said it as a blessing and not meant to get in
God's face or challenge Him in any way. I believe God gave me a
thought, I will share with you. Then, you will need to bounce it
against the Word and see if there is any truth to it.

I had the thought of a great banquet table. There was a place set for
me. The plate was over flowing with all types of savory food. A big
red juicy steak had caught my attention and I had cut off a chuck. It
was skewered on my fork and I was waving it in the air as I talked
with God,even as I had a mouth full already. I had every intention of
eating everything on the plate as it was mine and I was hungry. I
had no appreciation for the source of the food. I had no appreciation
for the fact that God had set the table. God had invited me to it.
God had encouraged me to take a seat. God allowed me to eat.

Then, truth was revealed and the mystery of serving a God of just
enough and a God of abundance was reconciled. We have received God's
Kingdom. We live in His Kingdom. We have been given keys to His
Kingdom. It is the keys that open the door to an incredible banquet.
But I believe with the keys come a responsibility.

With the keys, we have the opportunity to gorge ourselves because God
is the creator and a God of abundance. But with the keys to God's
Kingdom comes a responsibility to receive only what we need while
appreciating the fact that our plate is full to overflowing. It is
the receiving according to our needs, that God is Glorified and
honored in our attitude toward Him.

It is such a simple concept, yet took a life time to be revealed.
Maybe you will be smarter than I...

As a bonus, I think it important to note it is unlikely to be wise
waving a juicy chunk of prime steak on the end of your fork while
flippantly chatting with Jesus. .... in total deference to the
provider of the steak.

Posted via email from Archie's Life Stream

No comments: